Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to "saag aloo" potato with spinach recipe. You can have "saag aloo" potato with spinach using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach:
- Take 250 gms potatoes
- Use 200 gms spinach leaves or frozen spinach or a handful of leaves
- Prepare 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- You need 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- Use 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- Use 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Get leaves Few curry
- Provide 1 tsp garam masala
- You need to taste Salt
- Get 1 tsp ghee (optional)
- Use Water
- Use Freshly chopped coriander
- Get If using frozen spinach, defrost and cook with potatoes longer
Steps to make "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach:
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. If using new potatoes you may leave the skin on if you prefer.
- Place the cubes potatoes in a microwave steamer, add a little salt, sprinkle with some water and steam in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. (Alternatively you may par boil the potatoes in water)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and cook all for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, stir fry taking care not to burn the spices. At this point if the spice mixture is too dry add a little water to create a steam.
- Add the potatoes, shake the pan and slowly fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally until evenly cooked.
- By tossing the potatoes instead of constantly stirring will help the potatoes keep their shape and not get mushy.
- Now add the spinach stir all. Leave to cook together for another few minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with garam masala. Drizzle some ghee and freshly chopped coriander.
If you find this "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.