Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan Red Lentil Dhal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan Red Lentil Dhal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan red lentil dhal recipe. You can have vegan red lentil dhal using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegan Red Lentil Dhal:
- Prepare 275 g red lentils
- Prepare 1 onion, finely diced
- Use 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Take 2 tsp ginger, grated
- You need 2 tsp ground cumin
- You need 2 tsp turmeric
- Prepare 2 tsp garam masala
- Provide 1/2 tsp paprika
- Get 1 tsp coriander, chopped
- Get to taste Salt
- Use 1 can coconut milk
- Get 500 ml vegetable stock
- Take 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Get 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Use Lemon juice, to garnish
- Get Chapatti bread, to serve
- Provide Rice, to serve
- Prepare Spinach, to serve
Instructions to make Vegan Red Lentil Dhal:
- Heat the olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry until golden brown.
- Add all the dried spices and cook for another minute or so. Stir regularly.
- Next add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, coconut milk and lentils.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Add the coriander and season with salt to taste.
- Serve the dhal with rice, spinach and chapatti bread. Garnish the dhal with a drizzle of lemon juice just before serving or plate a slice of lemon to be drizzled over.
If you find this Vegan Red Lentil Dhal recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.